Bredow, today called Drzetowo is located in Poland, an historical municipal neighbourhood of the city of Szczecin. Bredow was joined to Stettin (Szczecin) in 1900. Before 1945, when Stettin was a part of Germany, the German name of this suburb was Stettin-Bredow, or just Bredow. The first post-war, temporary name was Brody.
Bredow was founded in Middle Ages. Historically, when part of Prussia, the Vulcan iron-works and shipbuilding yards, were established there by the Prussian King Friedrich Wilhelm IV. (1795-1861) in 1857. In 1933 a so-called "wild" concentration camp was established on Vulcan area by the SS, known as Vulkanwerft concentration camp or KZ Stettin-Bredow. The camp was notorious for the brutality of its guards. The prisoners were kept in the basement of the shipyard buildings.