Gersdorf (Görsdorf (as from 1908/10);
Polish: Ogorzeliny [ɔɡɔʐɛˈlinɨ]) today is a large village in the
administrative district of Chojnice, within Chojnice County, Pomeranian
Voivodeship, in northern Poland. It lies approximately 11 kilometres (7
mi) south of Chojnice and 111 km (69 mi) south-west of the regional
capital Gdańsk. During the years 1973 - 1976 the village was the seat of
the municipality Ogorzeliny. During the years 1975 - 1998 it belonged
to the administrative province Bydgoszcz. Nowadays the village has a
population of 779.
Gersdorf used to be a noble village in the Koschneiderei area and it's inhabitants were subjects of their landlord.
In 1544 Servacius Grabo was documented as Schulz from Gersdorf.
In 1773 the Warmian canon of Lutomski, used to be the landlord of Gersdorf. The farmers documented were Schulz (village major, lat. sculteto) Johann Grabowitz, Martin Helwich, Stanislaus Theise, Adam Rilinger (meaning "from Rhineland") , Mattes Teise jun., Georg Meiss, Lorentz Theise, Lorentz Roda, Casimir Rilinger, Michel Meiss, Martin Theise sen., Casimir Helwich, Mattes Theise sen., Stanislaus Michmann (Nigmann = Neumann), Adam Helwich, Jacob Rilinger, Martin Meiss, Peter Roda, Andreas Helwich, Georg Dobbeck, Paul Rilinger, Krüger Stanislaus Theise and Peter Rinck.